An Accountant Resume, just like other types of resumes, get scanned by the Employer for around 10 seconds, during which time it's fate is decided.
Hence, the ONE point my team of expert Resume Writers and I always stress upon is to have the strengths and achievements "JUMP OUT" at the Employer / Hiring Manager.
mean, all the other information is not so important as compared to the things
that you are capable of doing and the ones that you have already done
and proved yourself at.
Our Team of Professional Resume Writers, have presented below, some important tips that were compiled over a period of 19 years since we've offered our Number 1, Best-Selling CV Writing Services customized for Dubai and the entire Gulf (Middle East) region.
Accountant Resume - Calculated Tips:
- A Professional Summary listing your
strongest skills and abilities that are targeted towards accounting,
audits, reviews, tax-planning etc. should be written right at the start
of your Accounting Resumes. This immediately gives the HR Manager an
idea about you. This will kindle her/ his interest to read further about
- Chief Financial Officers, Financial Controllers and Business Owners like to see how you have saved money for your previous employers and improved their bottom-line with your accountancy skills. Hence, as part of writing down your accomplishments, be sure to mention the numbers data.
Whether you were solely responsible or as part of a team, list
the figures. Be very specific about the results that were achieved by
- Accounting is required in every industry, and there are a multitude of Accounting Software Packages to serve each one. Be certain to list your Software Skills with your proficiency level vis-à-vis that software package.
Many Head Hunters search accounting resume databases by the specific
software experience required. This increases number of Interview calls
- Change/ modify your Resume while applying for
different jobs. Different companies post different skill requirements
and job titles, even though the core responsibilities are the same. I
advise doing a little bit of research, about the particular job, before
posting your Resume for it.
You should change your resume with
every job application so that it lists the skills and experiences you
have, that are most relevant to the job you're applying for. A tailored
resume will be much more successful than a generic one, even though it
means more preparation.
Accountant Resume - More Tips:
- If you have certifications and degrees such as Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Chartered Accountancy (CA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered General Accountant (CGA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Enrolled Agent (EA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), Certified Bank Auditor (CBA) etc., be sure to highlight that, along with details.
- More than ever before, soft skills such as
interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, communication, understanding etc. are
very important. Try to highlight these.
- Point out that you will dress modestly. The Middle
East region comprising of countries like United Arab Emirates, Saudi
Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan and Egypt are Islamic
countries where women and even men dress quite conservatively.
an accounting job position, you want to send the correct signals to your
Employers in the best companies and corporations in Dubai, the UAE and
the entire MENA region.
- The Gulf Countries have attracted highly Talented
people from The USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, South
Africa, Eastern Europe and others due to one main reason. There is NO INCOME TAX levied.
Backed by an unlimited supply of Oil, these countries are virtually Recession-proof.
With so many people here, from across the world living and working
together, you need to also point out that you are very tolerant with
other people's religion and beliefs.
- Resumes are scanned and stored in electronic
databases. Searches for Accountant Resume are then made on these
databases with keywords such as "Book-Keeping", "JGnash", "GNUCash",
"KMyMoney", "Tally" etc.
Make sure to use the correct "Resume
Action Words", Power Keywords that will bring your Resume in front of
others for online searches.
- Use bullet-ed points to make each responsibility and
achievement stand out, instead of writing paragraphs. This is crucial as
most recruiters simply scan Accountant Resumes online, they get put off
if they have to read chunks of text.
- Finally, keep your Accountant Resume at most 2-3 pages long. Rarely 4 pages and never more than that.
Accounting Resume Sample
Accountant Resume - What Not To Add:
- An Objective Statement about what you want to do
in your career, life, etc. should be got rid of. The head hunter wants to
know what you can do for the organization and it's goals rather than
- Do not include hobbies. Eliminate these
points, "I like watching movies and listening to music". Such statements
are now not required.
I really do hope that you found information on Accounting and Finance resumes very helpful. You've got to be very careful in your selection of the right organization as salaries can vary hugely. Our professionally written CV's can make the difference in getting you a 20 - 30% increase in salary. Isn't this then the right investment?
Make The Right Choice Today!
Choose a Level Below and Take the 1st Step...
If you are looking at vacancies to apply for, then the best place to find them is WorkCircle. Click the banner below to begin...It's Free!
Search the Job portal that helps you discover unpublished accountant jobs in UAE, KSA, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar.
Accountant CV - Related Info.
financial jobs in Sharjah| ACCA accounting jobs in Dubai
CFA finance jobs in Saudi Arabia | CA finance jobs in Bahrain
UAE accounting manager jobs | CFO finance manager jobs in Qatar
This information will answer all your queries such as:
- accountant cv 2017
- accountant manager resume
- accounting receivable resume
- accountant resume sample
- accountant cv format
- accountant resume skills
- accountant resume examples
- accountant cv in word format
- accountant cv objective
Have a query? Please Contact Us.
Return to Resume Writing Examples
Return to Dubai-Forever.Com's Index Page