Retail Sales Resume
Retail Sales Resume, just like other types of resumes, get scanned by the Employer for around 10 seconds, during which time it's fate is decided.
I, Shabbir Kagalwala, an Expert Resume Writer, have presented below, some important tips that were compiled over a period of 15 years since I've offered the Number 1, Best-Selling CV Resume Writing Services customized for Dubai and the entire Gulf (Middle East) region.
A point Resume Writers always emphasize upon is to have the responsibilities and achievements "CLEARLY LAID OUT" for the HR Manager.
I mean, other information is necessary to make your CV / Resume complete, but the focus should be on the responsibilities and achievements. You should take the time and write this in detail.
Important Tips To Help in Creating a Retail Sales Resume:
- A Professional Summary listing your strongest skills and abilities in Retail Sales should be listed up front, such as the knowledge and experience of:
selling effectively to customers, up-selling, making rapport to create loyal customers, etc.
This immediately gives the Recruiter an idea about you. This will kindle her/ his interest to read further about you.
- Retail Sales is a very specialized career, which requires either experience or expertise in a certain field. For example, if you have experience in the sale of electronics, that's great, highlight your responsibilities and duties. However, if you have no experience but are an electronic whiz, then this expertise will help you to understand and sell effectively to customers according to their needs. So, it is for various fields of retail sales.
If you have obtained a certificate, diploma or degree in sales, be certain to list it out in bold. Many Head Hunters search Retail Sales Resume databases by the specific equipment you know to use or the course that you've done. This will increase the number of Interview calls substantially.
- Change/ modify your Retail Sales Resume while applying for different jobs. Different companies post different skill requirements and job titles, even though the core responsibilities are the same. I advise doing a little bit of research, about the particular job title, before posting your Resume for it.
You should change your resume with every job application so that it lists the skills and experiences you have, that are most relevant to the job you're applying for. A tailored resume will be much more successful than a generic one, even though it means more preparation.
- More than ever before, soft skills such as interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, motivation, communication, customer satisfaction, understanding etc. are very important. Try to highlight these.
- Point out that you will dress modestly. The Middle East region comprising of countries like United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan and Egypt are Islamic countries where women and even men dress quite conservatively.
You surely want to send the correct signals to your Employers in the best Corporations / Housing Societies / Hotels / Hospitals etc. in Dubai, the UAE and the entire Gulf region.
- The USA, UK, Europe, Singapore, Australia etc. are quite liberal about dress, though of course it is advisable to always dress smart. Our Professional Resume CV Writing Services for these countries creates Resumes & CV's targeted towards recruiters here.
- The Gulf Countries have attracted highly Talented people from The USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Eastern Europe and others due to one main reason. There is NO INCOME TAX levied.
Backed by an unlimited supply of Oil, these countries are virtually Recession-proof. With so many people here, from across the world living and working together, you need to also point out that you are very tolerant with other people's religion and beliefs.
- Use bullet-ed points to make each responsibility and achievement stand out, instead of writing paragraphs. This is crucial as most recruiters simply scan Resumes online, they get put off if they have to read chunks of text.
- In the Retail Sales profession, the duties of a particular job title are pretty well defined. However, it's the accomplishments that a recruiter is looking for.
And, if you can back that up with numbers, like for example, achieved and crossed a sales target of X Dirhams in the period of 2010 to 2011, created customer loyalty programs that generated repeat sales of X Dirhams in the year 2011, Cross-sold X Dirhams worth of merchandise, achieved X Dirhams worth of extra sales by creative placement of goods in the store, etc., there's nothing like it.
These achievements will make you stand out from all the crowd. It will instantly place you as the top choice. The Sales Expert. Be very specific about the results that were achieved by your duties & actions.
- Finally, keep your Retail Sales Resume at most 2-3 pages long. Rarely 4 pages and never more than that.
What You Should NOT Include in a Retail Sales Resume:
- An Objective Statement about what you want to do in your career, life etc. should be removed. The head hunter wants to know what you can do for the organization and it's goals rather than your own.
- "References available upon request". This is a statement best avoided. You do not want your references to be disturbed by any and every recruiter. Only when you have cleared the interviews of a job position you like, should you give the recruiter the names and contact details of your references.
- Do not include hobbies. "I like listening to music and playing tennis". Such statements are a complete no-no.
I really do hope that you found this information helpful to create not just good Resumes, but GREAT Retail Sales Resume. However, if you feel the need to let our Expert Resume Writers create a Professional Resume for you, then please visit our Resume Writing Service.
Have a query? Please Contact Us.
Return to CV Writing Examples
Return to Dubai-Forever Index Page