Underwater Hotel in Dubai
The Only 10 Star Hotel in the World
The Hydropolis Underwater Hotel in Dubai was an idea first proposed in 2006, but later abandoned due to a downturn in the World economy.
There was great media interest in a one-of-it's-kind hotel in the world. Many people had evinced keen interest to go and experience a stay under the sea, in this fabulous, 10 STAR, Dubai Underwater Hotel.
Had it been successfully built, it would have catapulted Dubai onto the world's front pages.
Given below, in an easy to read format, are some of the highlights of that proposed hotel. Amazing to say the least!
Underwater Hotel in Dubai
- The estimated cost £300 million.
- A self-proclaimed 10-star hotel, the Underwater Hotel in Dubai cost per night would be in the range of US$ 5,000.
- Disney corporation will bring a fully underwater production of The Little Mermaid to the lobby of the Underwater Hotel in Dubai.
- The lead roles would be played by divers, while robots will be used for non-speaking characters.
- A grandiose dream, an architectural marvel, like many others, could only materialize like fanciful mirages from the desert sands of Dubai.
- This fantastic project, one amongst Sheikh Mohammed's many successful projects, exudes confidence and justifies the quote, "If you can imagine it, you can build it."
- With his support, around 150 firms have been formed to kick-start this phenomenal Dubai underwater hotel project.
- Humans consist of 80% water, the earth consists of 80% water; without water there is no life. This is the logic and philosophy behind the Underwater Hotel in Dubai.
- The spaces created in the basin will contain function areas, such as restaurants, meeting rooms and theme suites.
- The ballroom, located at the nerve centre, will have pathways connecting the different storeys along ramps. A large, petal-like retracting roof will enable the staging of open-sky events.
- Staircases, lifts and ramps will provide access to the ballroom, while flanking catering areas will supply banquets and receptions.
- The upper storeys of the land station will house a variety of facilities, including a cosmetic surgery clinic, a marine biological research laboratory and conference facilities.
- On the lower levels are the staff rooms, goods storage and loading areas, and hotel and parking areas.
- The land station also includes a restaurant and high-tech cinema screening the evolution of life in the ocean and the history of underwater architecture.
- As a finale, the screen will open to reveal the real-life Hydropolis. A viewing platform at the front opening of the spanning roof will allow views of the architecture as well as the light shows of Hydropolis.
Search for the BEST DEAL for the fabulous Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai, in the search box below:
- There are plans to incorporate many different elements associated with the sea. The cosmetics will be ocean-based, the cinemas will screen films that focus on aquatic themes and a children's seaworld will educate as well as entertain.
- The developers of The Underwater Hotel in Dubai expect around 3,000 visitors a day in addition to the hotel guests. The aim is to inspire people to develop a new awareness of the sea.
- Humans could actually live self-sufficiently underwater, generating energy, nurturing food supplies and so on. The Underwater Hotel in Dubai will demonstrate the importance of water in our lives.
- This will be the first ever faculty for marine architecture because the future lies in the sea, including the future of city planning. One day a whole city will be built in the sea.
- Architect and designer Joachim Hauser views his creation as a place where those who do not dive – or do not even swim – can experience the tranquillity and inspiration of the underwater world.
Hydropolis: Underwater Hotel in Dubai Tourist Map
You can zoom in into the map, or click the link below the map to see a larger map in a new window...
View Underwater Hotel in Dubai: The Hydropolis in a larger map
Have a query? Please Contact Us.
Return to Dubai 7 Star Hotel
Return to Dubai Forever Home Page