Dubai Skiing trip in the desert?
You're kidding, Right? Wrong...
Ski Dubai is my little daughters' favorite Dubai Attraction. My Wife and I put up this information here for your benefit, so that you can have a truly wonderful time, avoiding all the mistakes and making the most of your time and money.
This info is continuously updated by us with additional inputs from our friends who've visited here ever since it opened in December' 05.
The Ski Dubai Ski Dome at the Mall of the Emirates.
Location: Exit 39 off Shiekh Zayed Road (when driving towards Al Barsha), Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Tel: +9714 4094000
Fax: +9714 4094101
Skiing in Dubai Mall of the Emirates
You can literally browse through over 400+ Dubai Hotels to stay in, that meet your budget and your expectations.Useful Tips, Do's and Dont's, and Important Information:
Pulling out the best rates from over 30 TOP Hotel search engines, you are guaranteed to get the cheapest rate possible. Enter your dates on the search banner below:
View Authentic Verified Reviews, Photos, Info and the Best Deals
- The Dubai Ski Resort has 5 runs (some are black diamond) and a chairlift that stretches in a diagonal fashion thirty levels high.
- Entrance to Ski Dubai, indoor ski resort costs AED 90 (per adult) and AED 80 (per child). This ticket gives you access to the snow park only.
- A 2 hour access to the ski slopes costs you AED 180 (per adult) and AED 150 (per child).
- Extension per hour costs AED 40 (per adult) and AED 30 (per child), while a Ski Dubai - Slope Day Pass costs AED 300 (per adult) and AED 240 (per child).
- Locker Rental costs AED 20, Keycard Deposit is AED 10, which is refundable (remember this).
- These items are included in you Slope Pass: Jacket, Trousers, Skis, Ski Boots, Snowboard, Snowboard Boots, Ski poles, Disposable socks, Helmets for children.
Dubai Ski Resort Images
- The Entrance ticket entitles you to unlimited time in the snow play area, a real hit with kids.
- If you've never skied before, I recommend taking the Beginner's tutorial first. It teaches you the basics, and then, you can really enjoy skiing in Dubai.
- Children under 3 years are not allowed in Ski Dubai, whereas those between 3 and 13 have to be accompanied by an adult.
- Open: Sun.-Wed. 10am - 11pm (last ticket 9:30PM), Thurs.-Sat. 10am - midnight (last ticket 10:30PM)
- To avoid disappointment, it's better to book in advance. Even more so for lessons. If you cancel a booking 24 hours prior, you are allowed refund or transfer, else nothing.
- Corporates, groups and schools need to cancel atleast 3 days in advance. Cancellations between 3 days and up to 24 hours prior, will get 50%, and those made less than 24 hours prior will get nothing.
for Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates.
The in-house Ski Dubai Snow School helps you learn, refresh or improve ski and snowboard skills. If found lacking in ability, you will need to take lessons.Group Lessons:
The Snow School offers a private slope for beginners to allow learners to develop effective skills in a safe controlled environment.
Intermediate skiers and snowboarders are instructed on blue and red groomed runs. For the experts, more challenging areas are available such as the Freestyle zone, temporary race runs and the world's first indoor run.
- Maximum 8-10 skiers / snowboarders of the same ability in a group
- A professional ski or snowboard instructor assists the group for 1.5 hours on the slope: warm up, practice in accordance with level of the lesson, have fun, and receive individual tips to improve skills
- Adult groups of less than 3 people receive equivalent instruction of 1 hour.
Avalanche Cafe in Ski Resort Dubai
- If you are a beginner, group Discovery lessons of 60 minutes are available for a first lesson of beginner's programme.
- Discovery Lesson (60 mins - AED 150), Adult Group Lesson (90 mins - AED 220), Child Group Lesson (90 mins - AED 190), Youngster (3-6 years, 60 mins - AED 160).
- For people who would like their own personal or small group instructor for a 1 hour lesson or more, ranging from beginners to experienced skiers and snowboarders.
- Maximum 3 persons per instructor.
- Private Lesson for One (60mins - AED 595), Additional Person (per person - AED 150).
Image of Dubai Skiing LiftsChild Programmes:
- Highly trained professional ski and snowboard instructors for teaching kids.
- Ski Dubai’s unique Polar Bear Club is designed to broaden a child's imagination while providing a fun environment for developing skills.
- Helmets are compulsory for kids under 13 and are provided as part of equipment included in session and lesson passes.
Get the BEST DEALS for the Kempinski Hotel MOE. We search amongst 100+ TOP Booking sites and present the best rates to you. Enter your dates in the search box below.General Tips and Information:
- If you or your kids can't ski, then you'll have to spend 2 hours either sledging or tobogganing. Highly boring!
- If you wish to grab a bite in one of the super restaurants, you can freeze your 2 hour time that you bought for the ski slopes.
- The expert section of Ski Dubai hill is a Green run that lasts about 5 minutes right from the top; and is slightly narrower than the regular section.
- It's indoors, in the middle of the desert, internal temperatures are -2 C (28.4 F), whereas temperatures outside ski Dubai's Ski dome are anywhere between 30 C (86 F) to 50 C (122 F). What a novelty!
- The world's only indoor Black Run is located here.
- -2 C (28.4 F) is mighty cold, especially if you walk in from the heat outside, so it's better to carry you own gloves and hat to stay comfortable. These aren't provided. They're available at the local ski shop or at the H&M store in the shopping area of the mall. The cheap mittens cost around AED 10.
- Many a teenager on snowboards create havoc, which is natural at their age, and needs to be checked, but the staff do nothing about it.
Indoor Ski Resort Pictures
- Skiing in Dubai, that too in a mall, The Mall of the Emirates (Hotel Kempinski), while watching shoppers and diners through the large glass windows is really exciting.
- I recommend taking along a pair of heavy, knee-high socks. Low cut socks or the thin ones are a no-no as the boots will rub raw places on your calves.
- The snow quality is quite good; and doesn't get icy, since the sun doesn’t shine on it.
- The Snowpark area is good, clean and safe, with different games like bobsled, toboggan, etc., perfect for non-skiers / snow-boarders and children.
- The music, lights and fire show at the fountain at the valet car parking entrance of The Mall of the Emirates is a must watch. Catch it every 30 minutes; best seen after sunset.
- Confirm the size of your ski poles, as people place them in any slot that's available.
- There's an easy side and a harder side to the black diamond run (the expert slope, and the hardest one too), which is about 400 meters long and turns a dog leg.
- The Lodge Flame Burger and Classic French onion soup at the St. Moritz cafe' is a must try.
- Hot Chocolate at the Avalanche Cafe' is a hot fave!
- Mist hangs in the air all over the place and visibility is not very good.
- The ski lift is quite slow and can get frustrating. It takes around 5 minutes to get to the top and just 50 seconds to come down. So, if you're gonna spend 2 hours skiing in Dubai, then you'll have to endure between 10 to 20 times of frustrating ski lifts.
"The Entertainer", a coupon book that costs AED 295, has 2 for 1 deals for Ski Dubai as well as Wild Wadi Water Park and many other Dubai Attractions and Dubai Restaurants, where you get 50% off (2 for the price of 1). Do your Math.
It sure is a big money saver!!! Highly recommended. It has almost AED 90,000 worth of Deals. Order your copy of The Entertainer today...
The minimum skill requirement for use of the recreational slope is:
- Stopping safely.
- Speed control.
- Linked turns.
- Ability to use the lifts.
Dubai Ski Image of Ice Sculptures
To travel to Ski Dubai from your hotel or residence, you can phone and call for a Dubai Taxi, from amongst the 5 major taxi companies in Dubai. Listed below are their names, phone numbers and colour identification:
- Dubai Transport. Ph 2080808. Cream coloured cars.
- National Taxis. Ph 2336661. Cream with a Blue Roof.
- Metro Taxis. Ph 2673222. Cream with a Red Roof.
- Cars Taxis. Ph +971-4-2693344 / 2642825. Toll free 800-227789. Cream with a Blue roof.
- Arabia Taxis. Ph +971-4-2855566 / 2855111. Toll free 800-272242. Cream with a Green Roof.
Ski Dubai Careers:
Ski Dubai believes that professionalism, quality and diversity are the foundation for success. They are always looking for energetic, professional and dedicated people to join their team.
Make an online application for a suitable current vacancy with the Majid Al Futtaim Group or submit your CV to our Dubai Jobs central database, and we'll send it across to some Top Recruiters in the Region for prospective job opportunities in the Middle East.
And lastly, if you are looking for a great selection of places to stay with discount prices visit Dubai Hotels for more information...
NOTE: Help Others: If you have been to Ski Dubai and have your own tip or suggestion that might benefit someone, please forward it to us using our Contact Form.
Return from Ski Dubai to Dubai Tourism
Return to Dubai Forever Home Page