Shangri La Hotel Dubai
Luxury Hotel Dubai
The Shangri La Hotel Dubai is located in the city, about five minutes away from the Dubai Convention Center and 20 minutes Dubai International Airport.Shangri-La Hotel Reviews:
An excellent business hotel (Has won "The Best Business Hotel in the World" award), it is located bang on Sheikh Zayed Road, in close proximity to the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall.
- The hotel offers a very strong Wi-fi connection, which is free for guests. A major plus.
- The 2 top floors sport a very good massage and spa center, with a small pool. The specialties being aromatherapy, massage and reflexology treatments. The “Kerstin Lavender Dreams Ultimate” is a popular massage, that energizes the body and relaxes aching muscles.
- A complimentary fruit basket is given to you on arrival at the Shangri La Hotel Dubai and two bottles of water daily per room.
- The bath is very spacious & luxuriously appointed. There is separate bath and shower and designer L'Occitane toiletries are provided.
- Choose a higher floor room as it will give you a good view of the Burj Khalifa Tower.
- You'll find Starbucks, KFC, Tim Hortons Coffee shop, Pizza Hut and many other international f&b chains in close proximity to the Shangri La Hotel Dubai.
- The pool area with the I-Kandy bar is relaxing with plenty of comfortable sun beds and sun sofas.
Hotel Bed Room
- The noise from traffic on Sheikh Zayed Road reaches even the higher floors, so if you're looking for peace & quiet, choose a room facing the sea.
- Delicious breakfast is served to Horizon club members, like dim sums, eggs, salmon and bagel, Arabic stye bread and dips, fruits, pancakes, cereal, dessert!
- The Horizon Club located on the 40th and 41st floors, gives premium service, including breakfast, afternoon tea, canape's. club sandwiches etc. & a private indoor pool and gym.
- At the pool, which is located on the rooftop of an adjacent building (there's a bridge leading to it), you get served ice cold towels scented with rose water. Just amazing!
- Breakfast is served in the Dunes cafe, with an amazing array of juices, milk & milk products, tea, coffee, cereals, and hot food. Very sumptuous spread indeed!
- It is a 20 minute taxi ride from the airport to the Shangri La Hotel Dubai and costs around 60 AED.
- The Shangri La Hotel has 301 guestrooms and suites on offer, including 36 suites on the popular Horizon Club floor.
- The 'Financial Centre Metro Station 2' is located close to the hotel. The Metro enables you to tour the whole of Dubai at very economical prices. And quickly too.
Dubai Restaurant Reviews, in-hotel and nearby:
- Amwaj, the seafood bistro, serves delectable and yummy seafood cuisine, right from oysters with red grape vinegar and shallots, crab and avocado, salt crusted sea bass, lobster thermidor and a whole lot of other mouth-watering creations by the award-winning chef.
- Dunes Cafe serves international food all day long. The sushi, especially Tako, Anago and Unagi Nigirizush rolls are impressively done. The salmon, hammour and vegetable selections are also quite good in quality and quantity. An amazing array of fresh fruit, dessert, a chocolate fountain, smoothies and juices are available for the taking.
- Hoi-an is a Franco - Vietnamese restaurant that serves amazing Euro-Asian fusion cuisine. The Vietnamese appetizer platter, beef soup, stuffed crab, lamb in ginger plum sauce, salmon in black bean and the delicious chicken curry. Very yum. Try sum!
- Marrakech, is a Morocco-styled courtyard restaurant with small enclosures that create cozy ambiance and privacy. The dishes that are a must-try are the Atlas tajine, Harira soup, Mashwi (a lamb shoulder gravy), hot and cold mezze and mouth-watering desserts.
- Shang Palace, is the signature Cantonese cuisine restaurant in the Shangri La Hotel Dubai. The Yum Cha weekend lunch always a favorite, the Peking Duck a treat, and desserts like the snow fungus, water chestnut and mango sago, just finger-licking good! Not to mention the teas. Both hot and iced ones.
Check out my Favourite Dubai Restaurants, the Top 10.
A relaxing Massage in Dubai, skiing in the desert at Ski Dubai and a visit to Dubai Dolphinarium the amazing park where you can interact with this beautiful mammal, are some of the more popular itineraries on everybody's Dubai Tourism list.
Spa @ The Shangri La Hotel Dubai, offers the perfect remedy to a tired body and mind. With such exclusive massage therapy treatments like Healing Stone Massage, Thai Massage, Chinese Massage, Aroma Therapy, Essential Oil Massage, Reflexology, Energy Balancing Massage, Balinese Massage, Traditional Philippine Hilot Massage, one thing is certain, you won't go out the way you came in. Enjoy!
Our info-guide Dubai Local Travel will make it easy for you to Travel in Dubai quickly and with ease.Best Rates & Deals:
Book the Shangri La Hotel Dubai from amongst the TOP 100+ Hotel Reservation Sites on the Net.
Shangri-La Hotel Dubai
Address: Sheikh Zayed Rd, Dubai, P.O. Box 75880, United Arab Emirates
Horizon Club guests enjoy late check-out till 6pm.
Have a query? Please Contact Us.
Return from Shangri La Hotel Dubai to Dubai 7 Star Hotel
Return to Dubai Forever Home Page
Pictures on this page are indicative and may not be actual representations of the hotel.
Photos courtesy: lvlights; sackerman519