Project Manager Resumes
Project Manager Resumes, just like other types of resumes, get scanned by the Employer for around 10 seconds, during which time it's fate is decided.
Shabbir Kagalwala and his team of Expert Resume Writers, have presented below, some important tips that were compiled over a period of 19 years since we've offered our Number 1, Best-Selling Resume and Cover Letter Writing Services customized for Dubai and the entire Gulf (Middle East) region.
A point my team of professional Resume Writers and I always emphasize upon is to have the responsibilities and achievements "JUMP OUT" at the HR Manager.
mean, other information is necessary to make your Resume complete, but
the focus should be on the responsibilities and achievements. You should
take the time and write this in detail.
Project Manager Resumes - Important Tips
- A Professional Summary listing your strongest skills and abilities in Project Management should be listed up front, such as:
Total number of years managing projects, Size & complexity of
projects managed, scope of projects, types of projects handled, whether
developmental, deployment or implementation, directly reporting to the
CEO, Project Director, whether directly managed vendors and suppliers,
This immediately gives the Recruiter an idea about you. This will kindle her/ his interest to read further about you.
- Project Management is a very specialized career, and if you have obtained a certificate, diploma or degree, be certain to list it out in bold.
Many Head Hunters search Project Manager Resume
databases by the specific field you are in or the certification/ course that
you've done. This will increase the number of Interview calls
substantially. Some leading PM certifications are:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Change/ modify your Project Manager Curriculum Vitae while applying
for different jobs. Different companies post different skill
requirements and job titles, even though the core responsibilities are
the same. I advise doing a little bit of research, about the particular
job title, before posting your Resume for it.
You should change
your resume with every job application so that it lists the skills and
experiences you have, that are most relevant to the job you're applying
for. A tailored resume will be much more successful than a generic one, even though it means more preparation.
- More than ever before, soft skills such as
interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, communication, customer satisfaction,
understanding etc. are very important. Try to highlight these.
- The Gulf Countries have attracted highly Talented
people from The USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, South
Africa, Eastern Europe and others due to one main reason. There is NO INCOME TAX levied.
Backed by an unlimited supply of Oil, these countries are virtually Recession-proof.
With so many people here, from across the world living and working
together, you need to also point out that you are very tolerant with
other people's religion and beliefs.
- Use bullet-ed points to make each responsibility and
achievement stand out, instead of writing paragraphs. This is crucial as
most recruiters simply scan Resumes online, they get put off if they
have to read chunks of text.
- The duties of a Project Manager are pretty well
defined. However, it's the accomplishments that a recruiter is looking
for. And, if you can back that up with numbers, like for example, X
number of resources both onshore & offshore as well as
multi-disciplinary teams managed, X Dirhams of Budgets managed, X
Riyals saved due to optimal usage of resources, both manpower &
materials, etc., there's nothing like it.
These achievements will make you stand out from all the others. It will instantly place you as the top choice. The Expert. Be very specific about the results that were achieved by your duties & actions.
- Finally, keep your Project Manager Resumes at most 2-3 pages long. Rarely 4 pages and never more than that.
Project Manager Resumes - What Not To Include
- An Objective Statement about what you want to do in your career,
life etc. should be removed. The head hunter wants to know what you can
do for the organization and it's goals rather than your own.
- "References available upon request". This is a
statement best avoided. You do not want your references to be disturbed
by any and every recruiter. Only when you have cleared the interviews of
a job position you like, should you give the recruiter the names and
contact details of your references.
- Do not include hobbies. "I like listening to music and playing tennis". Such statements are a complete no-no.
I really do hope that you found this information helpful to create not just good CV's and Resumes, but outstanding Project Manager CV's and Resumes. However, if you feel the need to let our Expert Resume Writers create a Professional Resume for you, then please visit Shabbir Kagalwala's Dubai-Forever.Com - CV Writing Service.
This info will take care of all queries like:
- project manager skills list
- project manager skills matrix
- construction project manager skills
- project manager responsibilities
- project manager skills and attributes
- project manager duties
- resume objective project manager
- project engineer project manager resume
- business analyst project manager resume
- advertising project manager resume
- non profit project manager resume
Still have a query? Please Contact Us.
Return to CV Writing Examples
Return to Dubai-Forever Index Page