Maintenance Resume, just like other types of resumes, get scanned by the Employer for around 10 seconds, during which time it's fate is decided.
Our Team of Expert Resume Writers, have presented below, some important tips that were compiled over a period of 11 years since we've offered our Number 1, Best-Selling CV Writing Services customized for Dubai and the entire Gulf (Middle East) region.
A point my team of professional Resume Writers and I always emphasize upon is to have the responsibilities and achievements "CLEARLY LAID OUT" for the HR Manager.
mean, other information is necessary to make your Resume complete, but
the focus should be on the responsibilities and achievements. You should
take the time and write this in detail.
Important Tips To Help in Creating a Maintenance Resume:
- A Professional Summary listing your strongest skills and abilities in Maintenance should be listed up front, such as the knowledge and experience of:
General preventative building maintenance; installation, renovation
& repair of air conditioners, heaters, plumbing and sanitary ware,
electrical wiring and fittings, etc.
This immediately gives the Recruiter an idea about you. This will kindle her/ his interest to read further about you.
- Maintenance is a very specialized career, which requires the knowledge and experience of using specialized equipments and machinery. Although this is a hands-on career, where most skills men learn the art "on-the-job", if you have obtained a certificate, diploma or degree, be certain to list it out in bold.
Many Head Hunters search Maintenance Resume
databases by the specific equipment you know to use or the course that
you've done. This will increase the number of Interview calls
- Change/ modify your Maintenance Resume while
applying for different jobs. Different companies post different skill
requirements and job titles, even though the core responsibilities are
the same. I advise doing a little bit of research, about the particular
job title, before posting your Resume for it.
You should change
your resume with every job application so that it lists the skills and
experiences you have, that are most relevant to the job you're applying
for. A tailored resume will be much more successful than a generic one, even though it means more preparation.
- More than ever before, soft skills such as interpersonal skills,
enthusiasm, communication, customer satisfaction, understanding etc.
are very important. Try to highlight these.
- The USA, UK, Europe, Singapore, Australia etc. are
quite liberal about dress, though of course it is advisable to always
dress smart. Our Resume Writing Services for these countries creates
Resumes & CV's targeted towards recruiters here.
- The Gulf Countries have attracted highly Talented
people from The USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, South
Africa, Eastern Europe and others due to one main reason. There is NO INCOME TAX levied.
Backed by an unlimited supply of Oil, these countries are virtually Recession-proof.
With so many people here, from across the world living and working
together, you need to also point out that you are very tolerant with
other people's religion and beliefs.
- Use bullet-ed points to make each responsibility and
achievement stand out, instead of writing paragraphs. This is crucial as
most recruiters simply scan Resumes online, they get put off if they
have to read chunks of text.
- In the Maintenance profession, the duties of a
particular job title are pretty well defined. However, it's the
accomplishments that a recruiter is looking for. And, if you can back
that up with numbers, like for example, Installed X number of Air
conditioning systems, repaired X number of heaters, Painted interiors
& exteriors of 27 buildings ad-measuring a total of X square meters,
etc., there's nothing like it.
These achievements will make you stand out from all the others. It will instantly place you as the top choice. The Expert. Be very specific about the results that were achieved by your duties & actions.
- Finally, keep your Maintenance Resume at most 2-3 pages long. Rarely 4 pages and never more than that.
Maintenance Resume - What Not To Include:
- An Objective Statement about what you want to do
in your career, life etc. should be removed. The head hunter wants to
know what you can do for the organization and it's goals rather than
- "References available upon request". This is a
statement best avoided. You do not want your references to be disturbed
by any and every recruiter. Only when you have cleared the interviews of
a job position you like, should you give the recruiter the names and
contact details of your references.
- Do not include hobbies. "I like listening to music and playing tennis". Such statements are a complete no-no.
I really do hope that you found this information helpful to create not just good Resumes, but GREAT Maintenance Resume. However, if you feel the need to let our Expert Resume Writers create a Professional Resume for you, then please visit our Resume Writing Service.
Have a query? Please Contact Us. You can also search in the box below...
Return to CV Writing Examples
Return to Dubai-Forever Index Page