KidZania Dubai, a franchise of KidZania La Ciudad de los Niños, was created by a group of young Mexican Entrepreneurs, who envisioned and built a unique family entertainment center, first born in the Santa Fe Mall in Mexico.
In KidZania, children play adult roles in a replica of an actual city totally adapted to their scale. If you've got kids between 2 and 14, then this is a good place where they can get some edutainment. My advice...Don't miss it!
We have tried to present important information about The KidZania Dubai in a very friendly and easy-to-read manner, that will help you be prepared.
- AED 95 (toddlers, 2 - 3 years) & AED 125 (kids, 4 - 16 years).
- Free (infants, under 2 years) & AED 90 (adults, 17 years and above; must be accompanied by a kid).
- [Approximate conversion rates are: 1 GBP = 5.75 AED, 1 USD = 3.67 AED, 1 EUR = 5 AED]
KidZania® Dubai, that opened early 2010 at the entertainment precinct of The Dubai Mall, is a city made for kids and run by them. A place where they treat patients, fly airplanes, drive the buses and work in the restaurants.
Imagine a world where children are free to live out their dreams – playing adult roles in a world created just for them, in meticulous detail.
KidZania Dubai Timings:
- Sun to Wed – 9am to 10pm
- Thur – 9am to midnight
- Fri to Sat – 10am to midnight
There is no restriction in terms of time for this amusement park in Dubai.Useful Tips, Reviews, and Important Information:
- A multicultural team of over 300 professionals has been trained to offer the highest standards of safety and customer service.
- The team comprises of 40 nationalities from Fiji, Cameroon, Brazil and Macedonia amongst others.
- The KidZania Dubai "education with entertainment" zone is spread over an area of over 80,000 sq ft.
- The mini-city, is made of scaled down versions of real-life streets and business establishments and offers kids the opportunity to learn new skills through the most popular game of all times – Role Play.
- Dubai is extremely cosmopolitan, what with over 200 nationalities calling it home. This fact prompted Emaar Retail, to recruit a multicultural team from a cross-section of cultures, says Mr Arif Amiri, Chief Executive Officer, KidZania Dubai.
- KidZania Dubai helps in the growth of children's imagination and thought process. With over 70 real-life roles including a surgeon, a pilot, a chef, a firefighter, a mechanic, a bus driver, an architect and an artist, children learn about the various professions while having immense fun.
- Every occupation that a child pretends to be, comes with it's own uniform, and accessories. For example a Doctor's role comes with the scrubs, gloves, injections, stethoscope, thermometer, in short, the works.
- It's a different kind of theme park, with a replica of a real city with real-looking streets, signage, buildings, shops and cafes, but made solely for kids!
- It's a brilliant way for kids to experience the adult world, and get a sense of responsibilities associated with an occupation.
- Kids are always mimic-ing their parents occupation and others they come in touch with, but sadly do not know about various other interesting professions that exist. An interaction at KidZania Dubai is the perfect way to strike up a kid's imagination.
- 'KidZos' is the currency that kids here use, to buy and pay for various products and services. This teaches them the value of money, which they otherwise take for granted. Buying 'groceries', getting paid to make real pizzas, painting a wall, laying bricks, flipping burgers are all activities that involve KidZos.
- Kids have to earn money first, before they can spend it to buy stuff.
- Over 40 well-known Global 500 brands like Emirates Airlines (pilot, air hostess, cabin crew), HSBC (Currency), ENOC (petrol station), McDonalds and Jotun (paint) etc. have entered into strategic partnership with KidZania Dubai, providing the organizations a unique marketing opportunity and giving kids a feel of the real world.
- KidZania, has already catered to more than half a million visitors in its first year of operation, offering them an unparalleled learning and leisure experience.
- Extremely popular with GCC tourists, the leading children’s edutainment centre in Dubai celebrated its first anniversary with a month-long calendar of festivities customized for children. Jugglers, mime artists, magicians, balloon sculpting artists, living statues, clowns, face painters, all added to the colorful ambience of KidZania.
Search & Compare Prices for ANY & EVERY Hotel in Dubai from amongst the major Online Hotel Booking Sites on the World Wide Web.
- In the first year of operations itself, KidZania managed to win the approval of the UAE Ministry of Education, for field trips as part of the academic curriculum. Scores of students have visited KidZania highlighting the increasing popularity of the centre among schools for furthering the skills of students.
- Vincent Pijnenburg, Governor of KidZania Dubai said: “Our approach of creating a city that children can call as their own has clearly appealed to our young visitors, as is proven by the high number of visitors in the very first year of operation. The airport-style check-in counters with all visitors being given a boarding pass and city map, among others, are all tailored to instill in the visitors the impression that they are entering a new world, where they can have fun while also adding to their knowledge level.”
- KidZania Dubai covers the entire gamut of a successful economy that includes a bank, t.v. station, hospital, university, music lounge, supermarket, hair salon, police station, post office, fire station, petrol station, race track, fountains, restaurants, boulevard-like fun events including magic shows and a theater with outdoor and indoor performances amongst others.
- Kids are encouraged to learn the basics of dealing with money with each child being provided a cheque for 50 KidZos, that they can save or spend.
- Kids are guided in all activities by 'Zupervisors', the trained KidZania staff team.
Return from KidZania Dubai to Amusement Parks in Dubai
Return to Dubai Forever Home Page