Dubai Desert Safari
Dubai Desert Safari aka Dune Bashing in Dubai via a 4 Wheel Drive vehicle across the deserts of Dubai, that includes sand-boarding and dining under the stars in a desert camp, camel riding and belly dance is among the most popular things to do in Dubai.
A Desert Dubai Safari is a must-do experience when you're visiting Dubai. We have tried to present information about the Desert Safari in Dubai in a very friendly and easy-to-read manner.
Starting from AED 99 up to AED 200 per person for a morning or evening safari & double the amount for an overnight safari.Useful Tips, Do's and Dont's, and Important Info:
[Approximate conversion rates are: 1 GBP = 5.75 AED, 1 USD = 3.67 AED, 1 EUR = 5 AED]
- You get picked up from your hotel in a bus and taken to the starting point usually outside Dubai.
- A 4 Wheel Drive Toyota Land Cruiser, Prado & sometimes Hummer, fully equipped with safety gear then takes you into the desert.
- All the drivers are qualified off-road professionals, and carry cell-phones.
- All the off-road vehicles are equipped with seat-belts and you are advised to wear them at all times.
- Dune Bashing in Dubai involves positioning the SUV atop a sand dune, the height of which could easily be around 30 - 40 stories. The plunge from atop at speeds above 100 mph can be expressed in one word alone. Exhilarating! Ultimate Adrenaline rush.
- There will be several Dubai photo opportunities throughout the Dubai desert safari. So be sure to take along your camera.
- A stop at a Camel farm, is great fun for kids to see the baby camels playing around.
- The drive continues across the desert and you get to witness a beautiful desert sunset. Scintillating to say the least. Especially, when you're used to sunsets in a concrete jungle.
- Upon arrival at the Bedouin campsite, you have the opportunity to ride on a camel & experience the thrill of sand-boarding. It's one of the highlights of a trip to the Arabian desert.
- The campsite, usually in the middle of nowhere, has well-maintained facilities like clean toilets, washrooms, tents for relaxing, etc.
Search the BEST DEALS in some of the BEST Hotels in Dubai:
- Arabic tea (black tea called 'Kawa'), mineral water and Fresh Dates are freely available at the campsite.
- A favorite with women and children, is the henna design on your hands or feet. This is part of Arab culture, especially during weddings. The safe and natural way to a temporary Tattoo.
- The Barbeque dinner consists of sumptuous Dubai food, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
- Shisha, the Arabic water pipe can be enjoyed after that. Also known as Sheesha, Hubblee Bubblee or Hookah.
- Later on, there is a belly dance show, performed by professional dancers, around a campfire, where you can join in the dance and have a little fun.
- An English speaking guide is always present to explain things about Arabian culture and to help & guide you.
- The Dubai desert safari lasts about 5 hours.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women, kids under 4 years & those with back problems.
- Dress comfortably, but nothing that will give you undue attention. Three-fourth pants and a half-sleeved t-shirt is best.
Receive the Best Deals on Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Avoid wearing socks and shoes. It's very uncomfortable walking around with sand in your socks.
- It's advisable to carry hats, caps and sunglasses to the Dubai Desert Safari.
- It is considered offensive to photograph Arab women. If you'd like to take a picture of an Arab man, ask him first.
- Avoid going, if you or someone with you suffer from motion sickness. Make sure, everyone in the SUV with you, do not. Else, what can I say...Take along a change of clothes. ;-)
- You can click photos in the Arab's local clothes. The Burqa for women. While the Dishdashah (white robe) along with the Shumagg (head scarf) and Ogal (black rope to tie the head scarf) for the men.
- Amazing Juggling tricks are performed by experts, with objects that are on fire.
- There is also a falcon act, wherein they show how the falcon was used in yesteryears to aid in hunting.
- A video shooting made of the entire desert safari is available for you to buy at the end. It is delivered to your hotel the next day.
Send us your Dubai Desert Safari Photos, videos, or write us an email about your visit to the most exciting thing to do in the Middle East, and we'll make it a LIVE webpage.
Please Contact Us with the message "I want to share my Desert Safari Photos & Review with dubai-forever.com".
Some of the better known Dubai Desert Safari operators are Funtours L.L.C., Arabian Adventures, Desert Safari Dubai, North Tours L.L.C., Desert Rangers, Desert Safari Dubai & One World Travel & Tourism.
Return from Dubai Desert Safari to Dubai Tourism
Return to Dubai Forever Home Page