In Umm Al Quwain, UAE
Crab Hunting in Umm Al Quwain is one attraction that is not for the faint-hearted.
Though hunting your own catch and eating it later on, nicely barbecued, gives a thrill not many Dubai Attractions can match.
We have presented information about Dubai Crabbing in a very friendly and easy-to-read manner.
Crab Hunting Best Prices
Standard Rates ex-Dubai:
- Adults: AED 335 [approx. US$ 92, EUR 65, GBP 58]
- Child: AED 265 [approx. US$ 72, EUR 52, GBP 46]
Useful Tips, Do's and Dont's, and Important Information:
- The crab hunting tour operates daily from 4PM to 11PM.
- Pickup is provided from any location in Dubai, Sharjah or Ajman.
- This hunting activity takes place in a town in Um Al Quwain, an emirate located on the West Coast of the United Arab Emirates.
- From Dubai it takes between 1 to 2 hours to reach the swampy mangroves in Umm Al Quwain, where the hunting takes place.
- You hop aboard a Dhow boat, & are served refreshments, as the boat glides it's way through the thick dense lagoon.
- The captain turns off the engine and slowly everyone jumps into the water, and starts wading through the waters with a torch in one hand and a spear in the other.
- There are skilled guides along with each team for proper guidance.
- Once groups of crabs are sighted, spears begin to be poked in, to catch whatever you can lay your spear on.
- Some of the boats are glass bottomed, so they provide a good view of the sea-creatures in the lagoon. Crabs, squids and other fishes.
- After the hunting is over, you are taken to the Flamingo Beach Resort, where the barbecue dinner is organized, and you'll be able to eat whatever you've caught.
- You are expected to have your own swimwear / beachwear, though water-resistant footwear is available on hire.
If a crab hunting tour is booked directly with Flamingo Hotel, excluding transfers to and from Dubai, the cost would come down by as much as 50%.
Hotels to stay in Umm-Al-Quwain to enjoy crabbing:
- Barracuda Beach Resort
Near Dreamland Aqua Park, 18km north of UAQ roundabout on the E11.
Studios from AED 600, two-bedroom chalets from AED 900.
Get The Best Deal for the Barracuda Beach Resort...
- Umm Al Quwain Beach Hotel
Opposite KFC, Al Muroor Road
Doubles from AED 850, including breakfast.
Get The Best Deal for the Umm al-Quwain Beach Hotel...
This video on Dubai Crab Hunting, courtesy GulfNewsTV, shows exactly how this activity is done.
Return to Dubai Tourism
Return to Dubai Forever Home Page
Photos Courtesy: pedronet.