In Umm Al Quwain, UAE
Crab Hunting in Umm Al Quwain is one attraction that is not for the faint-hearted.
Though hunting your own catch and eating it later on, nicely barbecued, gives a thrill not many Dubai Attractions can match.
We have presented information about Dubai Crabbing in a very friendly and easy-to-read manner.
Standard Rates ex-Dubai:
- Adults: AED 335 [approx. US$ 92, EUR 65, GBP 58]
- Child: AED 265 [approx. US$ 72, EUR 52, GBP 46]
Useful Tips, Do's and Dont's, and Important Information:
- The crab hunting tour operates daily from 4PM to 11PM.
- Pickup is provided from any location in Dubai, Sharjah or Ajman.
- This hunting activity takes place in a town in Um Al Quwain, an emirate located on the West Coast of the United Arab Emirates.
- From Dubai it takes between 1 to 2 hours to reach the swampy mangroves in Umm Al Quwain, where the hunting takes place.
- You hop aboard a Dhow boat, & are served refreshments, as the boat glides it's way through the thick dense lagoon.
- The captain turns off the engine and slowly everyone jumps into the water, and starts wading through the waters with a torch in one hand and a spear in the other.
There are skilled guides along with each team for proper guidance.
Once groups of crabs are sighted, spears begin to be poked in, to catch whatever you can lay your spear on.
Some of the boats are glass bottomed, so they provide a good view of the sea-creatures in the lagoon. Crabs, squids and other fishes.
After the hunting is over, you are taken to the Flamingo Beach Resort, where the barbecue dinner is organized, and you'll be able to eat whatever you've caught.
You are expected to have your own swimwear / beachwear, though water-resistant footwear is available on hire.
If a crab hunting tour is booked directly with Flamingo Hotel, excluding transfers to and from Dubai, the cost would come down by as much as 50%.
Hotels to stay in Umm-Al-Quwain to enjoy crabbing:
- Flamingo Beach Resort
Lagoon Road, near Museum
Doubles from AED 575, including breakfast.
Get The Best Deal for the Flamingo Beach Resort Umm al-Quwain...
- Barracuda Beach Resort
Near Dreamland Aqua Park, 18km north of UAQ roundabout on the E11.
Studios from AED 600, two-bedroom chalets from AED 900.
Get The Best Deal for the Barracuda Beach Resort...
- Umm Al Quwain Beach Hotel
Opposite KFC, Al Muroor Road
Doubles from AED 850, including breakfast.
Get The Best Deal for the Umm al-Quwain Beach Hotel...
This video on Dubai Crab Hunting, courtesy GulfNewsTV, shows exactly how this activity is done.
Return to Dubai Tourism
Return to Dubai Forever Home Page
Photos Courtesy: pedronet.